The Jameson Tavern in Freeport, Maine invites you to experience firsthand the culinary mastery and rich history of what has been noted "The Birthplace of Maine."
Whether you are looking for the traditional Maine delicacy of Lobster or a burger with one of our local micro brews Jameson Tavern is sure to leave you delighted as it has many visitors since 1779.
Award winning soups and chowders, appetizers such as sautéed mussels, or our mile high nachos, tavern chicken wings or seared seafood cakes, and juicy Prime Rib or tender New York Sirloin for entrees. As always the freshest Seafood in Maine! Lobsters in many sizes.... add a steak and make it Surf and Turf.
JAMESON TAVERN IS NOW HAVING HAPPY HOUR DAILY 2:30 P.M.-5:30 P.M. COME IN AND RELAX. AFTER AWHILE SHOPPING, ONE OF OUR MAINE MICRO BREWS SURE HITS THE SPOT!!! TRY OUR OWN DR. HYDE'S ANGRY ALE OR JAMESON BROWN ALE, OR OUR NEW SEASONAL.....VACATIONLAND!
Did You Know??????
- Jameson Tavern is one of the oldest operating Taverns in Maine
- The DAR put a monument in our garden proclaiming Jameson Tavern as the "Birthplace of Maine"
- We are located right beside the L.L. Bean retail store in Freeport, Maine
- We are open for lunch and dinner 364 days a year
- We have Award winning Lobster Stew and Clam Chowder
- We have Happy Hour daily starting at 2:30 p.m.
- We have beer brewed especially for Jameson Tavern. Our Jameson Brown Ale can only be purchased at the Tavern!
- We are believed to have more than one ghost that lives at Jameson Tavern
- We have been Featured as a Favorite Maine Restaurant on the FoodNation Show. Bobby Flay was on site at the Tavern and exclaimed that Jameson had one of the best Lobster Stew recipes that he had ever tasted.
- We have plenty of Free parking