The Jameson Tavern in Freeport, Maine invites you to experience firsthand the culinary mastery and rich history of what has been noted "The Birthplace of Maine."
Whether you are looking for the traditional Maine delicacy of Lobster or a burger with one of our local micro brews Jameson Tavern is sure to leave you delighted as it has many visitors since 1779.
Award winning soups and chowders, appetizers such as sautéed mussels, or our mile high nachos, tavern chicken wings or seared seafood cakes, and juicy Prime Rib or tender New York Sirloin for entrees. As always the freshest Seafood in Maine! Lobsters in many sizes.... add a steak and make it Surf and Turf.
JAMESON TAVERN HAS THE BEST HAPPY HOUR IN TOWN. HAPPY HOUR IS DAILY 2:30 P.M.-5:30 P.M. COME IN AND RELAX. AFTER SHOPPING AWHILE, ONE OF OUR MAINE MICRO BREWS SURE HITS THE SPOT!!!
Jameson is walk-in only, first come first serve. There is no call ahead seating or reservations. Exceptions are for these holidays ONLY- Christmas Eve (until 3pm), New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, Easter and Mother's day. If you would like to make a reservation for one of these holidays you can call us at 207-865-4196.
We are closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. We close Christmas Eve at 4pm.
For our winter season, we close Sunday nights at 5pm, last seating at 4pm. Sunday winter hours are from January through April. From May on, we will be open until 9pm again.
*If you have a special event you would like to hold at Jameson, read this entire paragraph before calling. Only call if your event fits the following criteria. It must be for 10 or more people. It will NEVER be scheduled on a Friday or Saturday. It will also never be scheduled during a lunch or dinner rush. We have a cozy dining room and we can't hold tables during our busy hours. Thank you for understanding!
Did You Know??????
- Jameson Tavern is one of the oldest operating Taverns in Maine
- The DAR put a monument in our garden proclaiming Jameson Tavern as the "Birthplace of Maine"
- We are located right beside the L.L. Bean retail store in Freeport, Maine
- We are open for lunch and dinner 363 days a year
- We have Award winning Lobster Stew and Clam Chowder
- We have Happy Hour daily starting at 2:30 p.m.
- We are believed to have more than one ghost that lives at Jameson Tavern
- We have been Featured as a Favorite Maine Restaurant on the FoodNation Show. Bobby Flay was on site at the Tavern and exclaimed that Jameson had one of the best Lobster Stew recipes that he had ever tasted.
- We have plenty of Free parking